The Hettema Group is currently looking for an experienced and talented technical director with at least fifteen (15) years of experience in themed entertainment development.
The Hettema Group (THG) specializes in uniquely creative, impactful design and production in the world of experiential entertainment. With more than a decade of experience creating acclaimed projects around the world, THG has become one of the premiere place-making and experience design studios in the industry. THG works on a broad range of projects from theme parks and media based attractions, to large scale parades and live events, museums and master planned destination resorts. Our team consists of experienced designers, architects, media producers, illustrators, master planners, engineers, technical designers and project managers, with decades of cumulative experience across a wide variety of disciplines. So be a part of our fun and amazing team!
SUMMARY: Reporting to the senior vice president of operations, the project based Technical Director is responsible for overseeing the company-wide show and entertainment systems design, integration and development process for attractions, rides and shows; this specifically includes show lighting,show audio-video, show controls, special effects, show action equipment, show sets, animated props and fountains.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIRED EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Suitable backgrounds include: Bachelors Degree in Architecture, Engineering Discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil), an M.F.A. in Technical Theater.
Ten plus years of related experience in technical design.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets:
1. Demonstrates strong technical capacity with regard to audio-visual and show control systems, show lighting systems, and mechanical effects. Familiarity with ride systems and manufactures.
2. Demonstrates understanding of design phases and purpose of each.
3. Possess strong presentation skills.
4. Demonstrates strong project management skills.
5. Demonstrates ability to be effective in an independent and fast paced environment.
6. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills when working with project team and consultants.
7. Works well under pressure.
8. Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills.
9. Ability to collaborate in a team focused environment.
The majority of work will be performed at our Pasadena office during normal work hours. Some project based, after-hours work will be required.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of what an employee would experience in the performance of the essential functions of this position. Your work area is open loft office space and the work environment is pet friendly. As a result, pets (dogs) are often found in the work place. It is a great and amazing place to work!
Periodic domestic and international travel is required for this position.
We offer health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, life, vision and profit sharing with a 401k plan feature. We also offer supplemental plans and an employee assistance program.
The Hettema Group offers a competitive compensation package and a paid vacation/holiday/sick plan as well.
The Hettema Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify Program.